Sunday, January 10, 2010

You Gotta Have Friends...

...and family! So I talked to my bishop about what I can do to make moving into a family ward a bit easier and he asked me about my friendships.
 One of the struggles of being single is that we are a little more transient than other groups...we move, try new things, and don't always have a home base. I have not done a very good job of establishing new relationships after my last move and I need to get better at that. I have always had great, strong, supportive friends and I miss that. But MAN, am I grateful for family. My family is a bit closer than most and I am grateful. My older sister came over to hang out tonight and we had a lot of fun. So the lesson that I learned today was to keep in touch with family and take advantage of their support. Friendships are important and hopefully I'll form some close by, but family is irreplaceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment