Saturday, January 23, 2010

Service

One of the benefits of single life is that I have more flexibility. This week was a week of service for me.
 I was able to help babysit my nephew, support my sister, assist with my mom, and give coworker a break. This week service was my part-time job. I have an aunt who definitely makes service her job. She is a widow (twice over) who spends her life in the service of others. She is an inspiration to me! This week, I asked her to help me find a bridesmaid dress I need to wear for a friend's wedding. She searched multiple stores and helped me do some other shopping. It may seem like no big deal but it was causing me stress and I appreciate the hours she gave me. And I am only one of many that she helped this week. I tease her that she is serving a service mission because of the amount of service she provides. I am grateful for the freedom to serve those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment