Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I am excited and a little intimidated to take on this project but I thought it would be helpful for me and maybe a little interesting for you. You see, I am an LDS lady with a good job and a fulfilling life. I have the opportunity to be of service to my parents, siblings, and ward. I am, however, single and turning 31 this year. To those of you who know, that means my time in the single's ward is over. While, to some extent, I am ready for this change, it is still a challenge. I haven't seen many people make this transition successfully yet. Some people go inactive; some people make quick, seemingly unfortunate marriage decisions...I am trying something different. And I hope it works. It's not about being bitter or angry, but rather about how to navigate these new, uncharted waters. I am not the first to be experiencing something I didn't expect so feel free to comment and help me learn from your experiences, related to single-ness or not. After all, President Hinckley would remind me that we are all more similar than not. "We will receive a perfect companion and righteous and obedient children, but if not,...we will have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment