Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
 Okay, so I know I am a few days late, but I didn't want to let this holiday go without acknowledging it and celebrating it. I know that many single people get a bit bitter around this time and even talk about it being Single Awareness Day. But sometime at BYU, I realized that this was a day set aside to show love to others...not just a significant other, but family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. I am grateful for days we can set aside and show love to others. So have a great February and celebrate the love!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. The best Valentine's Day I have ever had involved a few friends and I making dinner for two couples (one in their 90's and the other in their 70's) who couldn't get out and celebrate the holiday due to health reasons. We had so much fun making the food and then taking it over and presenting it. Then my roommate's sister sang a beautiful song. It was fun and it felt great to see how happy it made them. You are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great example of what I think Valentine's Day is all about! It's a day for love, service, joy...and there is NO reason that has to be limited to a significant other!

    ReplyDelete