Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dum, Dum, Da Dum

So I get to be in a friend's wedding this weekend. I know a lot of gals in my position get frustrated by the "always a bridesmaid" kind of mentality, but I feel a bit differently.
 I am a big believer in marriage and family and am SO excited to support my friends as they make this important step in their life. Marriage is a big deal and I am thrilled they have found each other and are wanting to make that kind of a commitment!! One of the other bridesmaids is a divorcee who uses a lot of humor to deal with her bitterness...she is a great friend of mine and I think we will have a fabulous time standing up with the bride and keeping the mood light and fun. I have been a bit busy through her engagement and haven't been able to help in the way I would have liked. But I like to think that even if I wasn't as involved with the wedding, I can be supportive with the marriage. Friends need friends to help them work through the hard times of marriage. This is a role I think us single gals can take on - let us be advocates for marriage! Let us support our friends in marriage! In some ways I feel this is a service I can provide to show my Heavenly Father that while I am not saying "I do" yet, I am still taking His commandments seriously. So to you married folks out there - congratulations! And to those of us not fortunate enough to find our other half yet - this is a great time to have fun, laugh, keep things light, and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment