Monday, February 8, 2010

Friendship

So I was visiting with my sister and her hubby the other day and was impressed with the role that friendship plays in marriage.
 I mean, part of me still thinks that someday my prince will come on a white horse and sweep me away. I will know he is "the one" because of the "magic" that I feel, blah, blah blah. Again, I know this isn't reality but part of me thinks it is. What I noticed between my sister and her husband was that at the end of the long, exhausting, they both wish the could sleep for 3 years kind of a day, they are just really good friends who really want to be around each other. What a nice reminder that the basis of this important relationship is friendship!

1 comment:

  1. I feel that I can wholeheartedly vouch for that. I actually just had a conversation with the hubby yesterday regarding the fact that he's one of the few people I never tire of being in the company of. :)

    ReplyDelete