Monday, January 31, 2011

Discoveries

I discovered the other day that I was a microwave chef. Most of my food is cooked, heated, or reheated in the microwave. So I am taking strides to learn to cook well the old-fashioned way - stove and oven. :)
I have never been much of a cook anyway. There are some dishes I do well but nothing to write home about. So I have been on a mission to learn to cook. So far, it has gone fairly well. I have made baked brie, peanut butter balls, the best green bean wraps you've ever had, salmon en papillote, BBQ chicken, chili, and so on. It's been so much fun to experiment, find new recipes, and eat yummy food. My sister has recently started selling Pampered Chef  so I get to buy new equipment, too. What's great about her PC parties is that someone shows me how to use the equipment. For novices like me, that's always a plus.

For me, part of this but if not concept is not just choosing to have faith in the unexpected circumstances but to live, grow, and thrive, if appropriate. For now, that means doing things I haven't had the time or inclination to in the past, like cooking, trying new things, etc. I am excited to see where this will take me. What new things are you discovering you love, even though you may be in a but if not season of your life?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're cooking more! And that list sounds deliciously impressive. :) Take photos and you can do guest post on my blog....just sayin'. :)

    My "but if not" is 100% career related. So, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the hours that aren't work related in order to maintain my sanity and a happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good way to keep balance. I am excited for your blog...can't wait to see what big plans you have for it!

    ReplyDelete