Sunday, June 6, 2010

Family History

So I had a realization the other day.
 As members, we actively seek our our ancestors and strive to ensure their temple work is completed. Typically, we go back in our direct lineage and do the work for those ancestors. I was hit with the thought, "what about the babies?" If work is done for those with posterity, those without posterity could get left behind or fall through the cracks. Not on purpose, mind you, as we are all seeking to complete the work, but out of the fact that there was no posterity to specifically look out for that individual. This then led to me thinking of the single brothers and sisters who never had children, and therefore, have no posterity either. I have thought a lot on family history lately and feel a need to dive in, but I haven't been sure where to start. Thanks to the new website, family history is much easier to navigate. I have decided that I will start by looking for people who may have fallen through the cracks. I am blessed that I have a large, faithful family and much work has been done. While there are lines to work on, we are several generations back. I want to find those who may have been forgotten and do their work. On Sunday, I found an infant child whose family members had been sealed but this child was not sealed. Some information is missing and therefore the work cannot continue. Enter Lizzie! :) I am looking forward to finding my family and doing the work for them.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we find ourselves in a situation (like being single) to help us think of others in the same situation. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete