Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Faith in Every Footstep

So you may have noticed a slight decline in the consistency of posting. My apologies! What I have discovered is that I don't do a good job of maintaining a blog when life gets crazy.

So I have been rereading the Work and the Glory series. I have read this series at least 10 times and just love it! Each time I read it, I am impressed with the faith of the pioneers, the difficult tasks Joseph Smith and Brigham Young had, and I find myself appreciating the life I've been given. This time through, something that has stood out to me is the point the author makes about how Heavenly Father prepares us for life's struggles. He gives us opportunities to grow, line upon line, until we are strong enough to fulfill whatever is asked of us. This is evident when looking at the lives of Brigham Young or Joseph Smith. Small trials created opportunities for growth and then they were able to handle larger trials and bless others through the process. I am grateful that we have a Father who teaches us to walk before He asks us to run. And if we have to run, He will provide us the strength to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment