Friday, July 8, 2011

Not Alone

One lesson that has become clear over the past month or so is that I am not alone. Sometimes as a single gal, I feel misunderstood which leads to feelings of loneliness. I have been blessed with a wonderful ward filled with sisters from all walks of life. It is a good reminder that there are many different types of heartaches that occur that can lead a woman to feel alone - never married, widowed, divorced, unable to bear children, losing a child...the list goes on and on. What is so important to remember is that a person's life circumstance does not define them. And when someone labels themselves and holds to the label, they can miss out on so much of life.

Soon I will be moving and leaving the ward I love so dearly. I am grateful for the remembrance of this lesson so that as I enter my new "family," I can focus on the person not the title. As I do so, I believe Heavenly Father will bless me to see each person for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment