Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh, THAT'S Why I'm Still Single

Do you ever have moments and you think, "oh, THAT'S why I'm single!" I had one of those this past week.
I was talking with a guy that I was interested in and he was giving signs that he might be interested. Then my mind went crazy. I had two friends get married within 24 hours and marriage was on the brain and as we talked I started asking crazy questions in my head like: "I wonder if he has been married." "Does he have any kids?" "What do I say if he asks me out?" I got all caught up in my head that I forgot to pay attention to the actual conversation. Anyway, I got anxious and got the heck out of Dodge and then thought to myself, that's why. But, I remember that there are times and seasons in my life. I have had times where I am really social and getting to know lots of guys and then there are times when I seem to focus on other things. I have been in a time where I have needed to focus on other things so I am just a little rusty. SO I decided I needed to be more active in the single's scene. I've gone to 2 singles events in 2 weeks (which is a big deal for me) and am planning more. I guess it's time for me to grow up a little. The lesson I learned from this experience: I need to focus more on what Heavenly Father needs me to do and how I can help others be comfortable and spend a little less time in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment